Read the full transcription of this episode on the Heinz Marketing blog
- We discuss how the buying experience is broken and why the only way to fix it is to enable more conversations
- Here's an example of how this plays out:
- It's important to make it easy for your customers to buy
- B2B businesses have not adapted yet.
- Customers are still often required through a labyrinth of funnels and forms so they can talk to a sales rep
- What can B2B do about this?
- A sale doesn't happen without a conversation
- Is this because of "the Amazon effect" - customers are used to getting what they want on demand, with one click. Whether it's a taxi, a meal, a piece of furniture, etc.
- These buying expectations are carrying over to B2B purchases as well
- You need to make it easier for your prospects to have a conversation with you - whether that's through chat or on the phone
- And whoever gets closest to the customer wins (Netflix vs Blockbuster)
- Reps need to get closer to prospects, faster - and organizations need tools in place to enable that, while avoiding the clatter of non-sales related conversations
- Hyper Growth Marketing Sales Conferences
More from our guest:
Hey, I'm Dave Gerhardt.
I'm VP of Marketing at Drift and I've spent the last 7 years learning at SaaS marketing companies in Boston, including HubSpot and Constant Contact.
During that time, I've launched products that have made it to the top of Product Hunt, created a top five business podcast on Apple Podcasts, landed multiple features in the New York Times, created a deck that Andy Raskin called "The Greatest Sales Pitch I've Seen All Year," and helped create the category of Conversational Marketing.
I love building an audience and getting the right people to pay attention.